Calling all nature lovers! We need your photos of Cheshire’s wonderful wildlife and landscapes for our 2022 calendar which goes on sale later this year.
Cheshire Wildlife Trust has launched a competition to find 12 stunning images for our 2022 calendar - and we need YOUR photos!
Check for wildlife in your garden or head out into our beautiful countryside (depending on covid-19 government restrictions) and start snapping. From birds to butterflies and gardens to nature reserves, we're looking for the special creatures and wild places you can find in our fabulous region.
This year we're also looking for that iconic Cheshire view*. Whether that be The Edge in Alderley Edge, Bickerton Hill, Kerridge Hill, Peckforton, Frodsham, the Cloud, or White Nancy. Unleash your inner photographer!
*Please follow government restrictions. Please don't travel to take photos if restrictions don't allow. You can submit archives
Amaze us with your photos!
What do I win?
There can only be 12 winners and each of these wins a full page A4 position in our calendar as well as a copy of the calendar. The overall winner will see their photo on the front cover of the calendar and will also feature in YourLife magazine, our weekly e-newsletter and on Cheshire Wildlife Trust’s website and social media.
12 runner up photos will be featured throughout the calendar.
Who are the judges?
The competition will be judged by our Vice-President and award-winning photographer Ben Hall and editor of Your WildLife members’ magazine, Jen Shutt.
How do I enter?
Through the website
To enter, please fill in the entry form at the bottom of this page and upload your photograph(s). There is a maximum of six photos per photographer.
Alternatively, you can send your photos to us by email. For email entries, download the entry form by clicking the attachment below and email it together with your photo(s) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Email size should not exceed 10MB so you may need to send multiple emails.
Image size: Images should be landscape and MUST be 300dpi, 12"x8" (A4) jpeg images. Images not submitted at this size cannot be considered.
Closing date for all entries is Monday 31st May 2021.
Email Entry Form
Terms and Conditions
- Closing date for all entries is Monday 31st May 2021.
- Images must be accompanied by an entry form where the entrant signs to agree to their use by Cheshire Wildlife Trust as described. Photographers will always be credited.
- Images should be landscape and MUST be 300dpi, 12"x8" (A4) jpg images.
- Images not submitted at this size cannot be considered.
- Images must have been taken in Cheshire and locations noted (Covers Cheshire, Warrington, Wirral, Halton, Stockport, Tameside and Trafford)
- A maximum of six images per person can be entered into the competition.
- Judges will be looking for 'natural' photos so entrants should avoid too much post-processing and the use of post-camera effects.
- Winners will be contacted in July and announced in our Autumn members’ magazine and on our Facebook page and Twitter feed.
Welfare of the subject is top priority. Don’t stress a subject just for a photo; the wildlife is more important than the image.
Make sure you stay on paths or within designated areas.
Please follow government covid-19 restrictions. Don't travel to take photos if restrictions don't allow. You can submit archives or photos taken before lockdowns.
Closing date for entries is Monday 31st May 2021!
Our 2021 competition winners
2021 Calendar winner!
The overall winner – which features on the cover and for the month of July - Goosander and chick at Reddish Vale by Sean Rooney