Join for half-price this January
Do you want to explore local nature? To experience the gorgeous wildlife the UK has to offer? To be happier and healthier? To share amazing facts and beautiful natural sights with your loved ones? To do something more for our natural world?
As our gift to you, we want you to have all these things throughout 2021. The New Year means new beginnings which makes now the perfect time to stand up for wildlife and explore the natural world!
By joining between now and February, you'll be protecting the wildlife you love for half the price of our usual minimum contribution in 2021*.
Our natural world is incredible
However it needs our help.
The UK is officially one of the most nature depleted countries on Earth. Over 40% of our precious plants, animals and fungi are disappearing, with 26% of our mammals at risk of being lost altogether. Insects face the greatest threat - with 41% at risk of extinction, it's the largest extinction event on earth since the dinosaurs.
To thank you for your support
- A welcome pack bursting with local wildlife for you to explore.
- Two copies of our membership magazine, Your WildLife every March and September.
- Children also get their own welcome pack, with the family being sent four issues of Wildlife Watch magazine each year, full of WILD activities and fun facts to explore.
- Regular e-newsletters to keep you updated on what amazing wildlife experiences are happening near you.
- Invites to free member-only events including a welcome event.
- Opportunities to join volunteer groups to meet like-minded people.
- Plus, get 15% off at Cotswold Outdoor and discounts with other partners
By joining Cheshire Wildlife Trust's fight for nature's recovery you will be standing shoulder-to-shoulder with over 13,000 others like you across Cheshire, Halton, Stockport, Tameside, Trafford, Warrington and Wirral. Together you will:
Create more space for nature to thrive
We manage over 30 nature reserves across the region, ever improving them as safe havens for wildlife. We also use our expertise to advise landowners, farmers and councils on how to look after their land in the best way possible. Planting trees, reseeding wildflower meadows and reintroducing natural meanders into streams are just some of the ways we help each and every day. Cheshire Wildlife Trust also defend wildlife against unsustainable developments by responding to countless planning applications and lobbying the government to stop and rethink HS2.
Doing all this across our region of Cheshire, Halton, Stockport, Tameside, Trafford, Warrington and Wirral, as well as working in collaboration with neighbouring Trusts, we're in the unique position to be able to create the large scale networks needed for nature's recovery.
Provide natural carbon solutions
At sea, we fought for the Marine Act 2009: properly implemented it restores our most important carbon absorber and the wildlife that lives within it, including kelp and phytoplankton. For decades, Cheshire Wildlife Trust have pioneered carbon storing peatland restoration and sustainably managed woodlands and grassland meadows.
Inspire thousands more people to take action for wildlife
For social change, we need 1/4 of society to care enough to take action - that's 500,000 people across our region. Each year we reach thousands of school children, volunteers, community groups and local businesses, building a passion and respect for the natural world. We give people opportunities they otherwise many not have to experience wildlife and give them the confidence they need to help nature on their doorstep.
As a charity that receives no government funding, we are only able to keep up the fight for nature's recovery because of people like you.
Cheshire Wildlife Trust says enough is enough!
“The Wildlife Trusts play a very important part in protecting our natural heritage. I would encourage anyone who cares about wildlife to join them”President Emeritus of The Wildlife Trusts
*Terms and conditions for half-price membership offer
- The half-price membership offer is valid from 00.00.01am on 26th December 2020 to 23.59.59pm on 31st January 2021.
- This offer is open to new memberships only and cannot be used to renew a current membership or a membership that has been cancelled after 1st September 2020.
- This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer e.g. gift membership.
- Membership automatically renews at the end of the first year and will be at the full price membership rate unless we are otherwise informed.
- We reserve the right to withdraw this offer at any time.