Following recently updated guidance from the Government, Cheshire wildlife Trust have made the following decisions regarding volunteering.
Under the new restrictions, volunteering is regarded a reasonable reason to leave the house during lockdown, where the volunteering is classed as essential work and cannot be carried out from home. To keep our staff and volunteers safe we have scaled back our volunteering and put in place the following restrictions:
- Cheshire Wildlife Trust will not be recruiting any new group volunteers during lockdown
- Volunteer activities will be limited to essential tasks. Essential tasks are those which deliver contractual commitments, are time limited/ seasonally dependent conservation tasks or support the Trust to maintain health and safety standards.
- Volunteer numbers have been reduced to limit group sizes to a maximum of six (including the group leader)
- Volunteers who are in the clinically extremely vulnerable are asked to follow Gov advice and stay home
- Volunteers are asked not to travel out of their local area to join us
- Volunteers are issued with a protocol giving clear instructions on what to do if they feel unwell during an activity or within seven days of being with us
- Volunteers are issued with safety instructions prior to any activities.
Thank you for your cooperation at this time, please visit our 'get involved' page for ideas on how you can help wildlife from home at this time
Very simply, we couldn’t do what we do without volunteers. As a volunteer you will be joining a network of over 350 like-minded people, who give anything from a few hours to a few days each year to our projects across Cheshire. Volunteers help with everything from answering the telephone with a friendly voice, to putting in the hard yards on our nature reserves.
Being a volunteer with us is a rewarding experience, that's why our volunteers keep coming back. We offer you a chance to acquire more skills and meet new people. We value our volunteers and whatever amount of time and energy they can give to us.
Please note, unless it is specified on the volunteer opportunity we are unable to accept volunteers under the age of 18.